1. Go to FILE, click NEW WORLD (IF you want to use a Distant Terrain, do it First. Read this Tiptorial)
2. A window opens NEW WORLD OPTIONS
- Select either LUSH or DESERT
- Max height - Choose either 100, 200 or 300
- Select option for IMAGE FILE
I am using Lush, 300, LargeFlatMap 300
3. Go to VIEW, click TIME OF DAY. It will open a window on your right
- This allows you to decide where your sunset and sunrise is.
- You can skip this step if you like
- Adjust cloudiness to control the fog levels
- For Sunrise set Hour to 5 and Minutes to 40. Turn the map around till you locate the sun.
- For Sunset set Hour to 18 and Minutes to 20. Turn the map around till you locate the sun.
4. Click on SNAP TO GRID MODE
- Rotate the grid to align with sunrise or sunset. Your choice.
- Mine is aligned with the sunset at 20 degrees. This will be my Primary grid. This way I know where the North and South points are on my city. It also helps to determine where your beaches should face, if you want the sunset on the beach.
- NOTE that you can rotate the grid as much as you like through out the building process and sometimes you don't use the grid. But the Primary grid point keeps you grounded or oriented so that your roads aren't all willy-nilly.
- Set the TIME OF DAY to noon
- Zoom all the way back back until you can see almost the entire world.
- Go to VIEW. Click FOG to turn it off
- Click ROAD PLACEMENT tool and drag a piece of road right about the centre of the map. Click and hit ESC to stop road tool. You can make an X marks the spot.
- This way when I zoom in, I know where the middle of the map is.
That's all...See you in the next chapter. Thanks for reading.